Monday, November 19, 2007

Amber & Unreasonable Deadlines


On Wednesday, I was told that there was meeting on Thursday to go over the five-year circulation strategy. For that meeting, I prepped a single sheet summarizing the plan. But, the meeting got moved to Monday (today) at 11:00 AM and, on Thursday, I found out that there was actually something more specific-- a whole other scenario-- to be looked at in prep for the meeting. I was then out on Thursday afternoon for doctor appointments and zoo class and then out Friday morning for more doctor. I worked on Friday during the afternoon but didn't put in any time this weekend because of visitors and zoo obligations and fatigue. Over the weekend, my boss e-mailed me three times for a status update. I'm scrambling to get a big amount of work done by 11 AM and there were no sesame bagels this morning. I am displeased.

4 comments:

CRD said...

Today is the opposite of Awesome Club for you.

ALH said...

Yet, I feel surprisingly even-keeled about it. Now that the meeting is over, I'm just a happy little rock again.

Anonymous said...

I just introduced David to your blog and David said, "Amber's life is action-packed."

In other news, I'm glad the meeting is over, too. For some reason (to annoy me?) several emails were forwarded my way today with the common message: "I'm technically on vacation today, so I'm not going to take care of this, but maybe Amy can" I cannot tell you how annoying, except I trust it is fully obvious already.

I love you Amber&

CRD said...

I love when you have Happy Rock Club.