Friday, June 10, 2011

Amber & The Perfect Blendship

One of the great things about friends is how good conversations can expand your knowledge and really challenge you intellectually.  For example, I was talking to Kevin yesterday, and he mentioned the Barbie Beach Bus.


But, I was confusing it with the Barbie Star Traveler.


But Kevin knew what it was called because the toy was long gone by the time he arrived in the world, but the box lived on in his youth for years and years.  I, on the other hand, had gotten the bus at a flea market so I never had the box.  Kevin, your knowledge of the name of Barbie vehicles completes me.

I had both.  The Star Traveler was key for when Barbie would have to get in the Star Traveler in my bedroom and drive to the living room to put on her Superstar Stage Show.


If you look up in the upper right corner, you can see Donny & Marie also worked with the stage.  I had them, too, but I had never seen their show and so I thought they were married.

Anyhow, then, I shared these childhood memories with Erl and she told me about the box of budding Skippers she had but traded for a Le Trim tape.



And then that lead me to want those bloomers with the lace.  Friends are so enriching.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I had this: http://www.1000barbies.com/00B/SUC51437.JPG

And yes, as you can see in the picture, it did come with not just little plates and cups but also what was apparently bottles of something and an ice bucket to put them in. I guess Barbie and her crew liked drunk sunbathing...