Saturday, December 22, 2007

Amber & Hotdrinks


Kevin taught me long ago that the best way to keep warm during cold weather was to wear a hat and drink hotdrinks. I've recently reduced my coffee intake, so my love of tea has necessarily grown over the past few weeks. DC has a wonderful resource in the Teaism establishment. They have a shop with a delightful selection of loose teas and tea vessels, but they also have an eat-in menu with some Asian-inspired meal items and, my favorite, the ginger scone.

I found the Teaism recipe online and made them for myself and they are just as delicious. But there's something so calming about getting a pot of apricot tea and a ginger scone and sipping slowly while reading about gorillas.

3 comments:

CRD said...

That cutie green-eyed puss makes me want to tea up right now.

ALH said...

What color eyes does Zach have?

Anonymous said...

Did you see the delightful article in the NYT yesterday about working cats? http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/21/nyregion/21cats.html?em&ex=1198472400&en=01d074d484f9d2f8&ei=5087%0A