Thursday, July 24, 2008

Amber & High Resolution

I, ALH of Amber &, hereby am resolved.

I will not buy any new clothing for a full year from today.

To be technical, I will still buy things like socks and tights as they need to be replaced, and I will acquire new garments-- by sewing them myself!

Ambitious? Yes. But, even if I don't ever get off my duff and finish last year's holiday gifts, in order to make myself a pillowcase top out of Amy Butler fabric...

I don't really need anything else. And, having just seen WALL-E, I'll feel better about not adding to the mountains of trash that are endangering our planet. Now, I'm going to go buy myself a WALL-E lunchbox and plush toy....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the dissonance in this post's tags.

Congratulations on your resolve!