Monday, January 26, 2009

Amber & When the Cat Lady is Away...

I was away for the weekend and Kevin watched over my kitties. I came home and everything seemed good... nothing was broken, only one roll of paper towel was shredded, and the peppermill was in its alternate home under the couch. I was relieved.

But then Nick found this photo of Ginger & Pickles on the Internet! Clearly, someone took them outside for a walk and was showing off their cuteness to passers-by.


As much as I am eager to share my babies cuteness with the world, I am also afraid of DANGER! What if they had run away? You can tell that they are scaredy by how non-fluffy their tails are! Scandal!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was me. I admit it. I took them out and tried to use them to get myself on the Today Show. It didn't work. But all's well that ends well.

ALH said...

It really does look just like them, doesn't it? Pickles is sort of looking down and shy, and Baby G is looking like his SEEKING system is active.

Anonymous said...

How did you travel betwix NYC and Boston? Fancy cheap bus? More comfortable, more expensive train?

ALH said...

Nick bought me Acela tickets as a present. It was comfy, but there was lots of train drama on the way back. First, there was a regional in front of us that stalled, and all of its passengers had to get off and get on another train on the other track. We were stuck behind them for 35 minutes. Then, there was a girl who the conductor tried to wake since she was supposed to get off the train in Stamford, but something happened and he let her stay on. When we got to Penn Station, we had to wait until paramedics came and took that lady off on a stretcher before they would let us off.

Still, I was comfy.

Anonymous said...

I think maybe you didn't look close enough at your ticket - the 35-minute delay + paramedics for people who miss their stops are features, not bugs, of Acela.

Kevin did a good job taking care of Pickles and Ginger - I bet they enjoyed their outing.

Anonymous said...

That's a very nice present. Wow, tights, brunch, and trains -- Boston sounds awesome.

I'm confused by the whole Stamford, stretcher situation. What could have happened in Stamford that he let her stay on sick to Penn? Any theories? It's very Miss Marple to me.

ALH said...

Amy, I completely agree with you. If she was dead OR sick, they wouldn't have waited to move her from the train until Penn Station. Especially not if Stamford was her original stop which is what the conductor said. It was truly a mystery.