Thursday, January 10, 2008

Amber & Marjoram

I love marjoram. I think it's a vastly underrated herb. I was first introduced to it in a New Recipies from the Moosewood Restaurant feature called Zucchini Ankara. It's a simple dish, with zucchini, onions, chickpeas and feta and one of my favorite things to eat. I love it served over couscous. It makes it into my menu at least once per month--sometimes more often.

I find marjoram goes well in any tangy, acidic recipe. I like to use it in pasta sauces or vegetable soups. I love the smell when it's frying with onions, and I've often wondered if it would be nice in a black tea blend. I'm going to Google marjoram-scented lotion and see what comes up.

2 comments:

CRD said...

Hee hee. You had 69 posts in 2007. Dirty bird.

ALH said...

I totally noticed that, too. Hee hee!