Monday, January 7, 2008

Amber & Mildness

I tend to like things on the mild-side. I like sedate-colored clothing, milky (decaf) coffee beverages, and only one star in my curried squash from Lao Laan-Xang. And, I like mild weather. I get cold very easily in the harsh winters, but also melt into a puddle of laziness in extreme summer heat. But, I do not like today's unseasonably mild weather. In fall or spring, I would love a 66-degree day. But in January? It's a sign of the coming of the End.

This weather makes me worried about our northern fuzzy friends, the polar bears. So, I thought I would dedicate today's post to their mild, soft cuteness.

6 comments:

CRD said...

This is so adorable that I weep.

Anonymous said...

I am sad for wiggly endangered beasts.

ALH said...

KRW: But aren't you also joyous for biodiversity?

CRD: Are they tears of joy for the cuteness?

Anonymous said...

Speaking of biodiversity: did you know that your vote matters?

Vote on this week's issue, then click on "biodiversity" on the left under "All Issues" and vote on that, too.

Thanks Kids!

CRD said...

The tears are bittersweet, like the tea of General Yen with some sugar in it.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mild Amber,

Today to enjoy the globally warm 70 degree temperatures, I went out without jacket for a delightful iced coffee. What fun. I wish you could have come along -- it would have been twice as good a trip.