Monday, January 17, 2011

Amber & Dinner

What to do with my farm share abundance of potatoes and carrots?  Beef stew.


It would have been better if I had a dutch oven, I think.  But, why are those Le Cruesete ones so darned expensive?  And are they better than the other ones?  Like, $200 better?

And then?  Delightful red chai with honey and milk served in a pretty cup.  (Thank you, well-wishing friends.)


(P.S.  I may or may not ever finish painting that wall, and I totally washed my hair today.)

4 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so happy that tea made you so happy! :)

Emma said...

I am a big fan of Lodge brand cookware. Their enamel dutch ovens are $130 ish so I don't have one yet...but I'm thinking I will go with them instead of Le Creuset.

ALH said...

What's the difference, Emma? Is there one?

Emma said...

Nope - cast iron with an enamel shell. Lodge only started doing them the past couple years or so.