Friday, May 7, 2010

Amber & Pants Head

Can you help me understand this?


My fellow commuter seems to be wearing a pair of leather shorts on his head.  You can't tell from the angle I had to use to be covert, but there are actually two "legs" of hair on the top of his head.  Now, I want to be very clear: I am not mocking.  I was actually fascinated and a little confused.  Are they really shorts?  Is this a known hair thing?  Doesn't it make the top of your head hot like the time CRD wore his leather pants to my Tropical Holiday Party in 1996?

As someone who often has Bad Hair Days, I really respect the creativity of this gentleman.


Would that I had pants for my head!

Also?  He was reading The Atlantic.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Of course he was reading The Atlantic.

Alison said...

Your hair looks different every single day!

I do not know why he had shorts on his head, but I have seen stranger things in my 'hood. The other day I saw a woman with a sock draped over her shoulder. She was wearing socks and shoes on both feet, but had this extra sock...on her shoulder. She had a bag...but the sock...was on her shoulder. I did not get it.

ALH said...

To be honest, that is not a recent photo. It's like a month old. My hair is currently bobbed and brown.

And, Alison, you are 100% correct. The sock is stranger. The pants actually make sense when compared to the shoulder sock.

Emma said...

I've been thinking about this shorts head man and have decided that he is definitely doing some sort of 'fro protection. It's morning, it's windy on the train platform, and he just wants to be sure he has as much volume as possible when he gets to work. There's nothing worse than a saggy 'fro.