Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Amber & Boggling the Imagination

There's a whole world out there that I never knew existed. In it, my childhood friend, Blythe, is the raw wool out of which groups of fans knit their own signature style. Somehow, I missed the whole phenomenon, starting where they started making her again, to where Blythe got her own book, to where websites exist to teach you how to boggle the eyes, make cutie outfits, weave new hair and paint new faces.

I'm fascinated! Some people go sort of gothic with it and make adorable, creepy, custom Blythes.

Some people go just plain goth.


And some people make beautiful dolls, the likes of which I would have saved pennies for when I was a little girl.
I can't wait to make my own. Yes, Virginia, I am going to play with dolls.

2 comments:

CRD said...

Will you make me one that looks like Bones?

ALH said...

Yes. For that I think I would need to repaint the face with earth-tone make up, sew an outfit that was sort of modern and make jewelry that was big and clunky and anthropological. I'm going to need to think about the hair styling.