Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Amber & Beets

I woke up several times in the night, thinking I had overslept. Each time, I would check the clock for the time, but never noticed that I had not turned on the alarm. Thank goodness Woody could wait no longer at 8:00 am to be fed and used his patented Paw Poke to rouse me.

What was it that made my sleep so restless? Knowing that I needed to rise an hour early in order to make borscht, of course. I had some gorgeous beets whose greens I ate last night from the farm share. I used a recipe from my CSA newsletter but modified it for the crock pot.



Tonight, Kevin is coming over to partake of it and a two-part Nero Wolfe episode tonight.



I'll let you know how it turned out! Fritz would be proud.

1 comment:

CRD said...

Beets are awesome! So are programs! Win Win! Tomorrow, NEW veggies!