Thursday, March 27, 2008

Amber & Mindful Mornings

Since the day that my alarm clock fell off the loft bed and landed on the floor, the radio function doesn't work. The radio setting plays static with a hint of classic rock at top volume-- not a happy way to wake up in the morning. The buzzer isn't much better, though, and I can't help but feel like I'm waking up in the middle of a fire drill.

Today, I received a Zen Alarm Clock in the mail as a house-warming present from Nick who is nice (but not Nick Nice).

I got the E-tone, which will dong once, gently and lovingly, and then again a short time later, and then in progressive intervals until I am awake with a "quality of thought, stillness of being" and will have better alpha wave brain something or another and dream retention. This is accomplished because the intervals are set according to the Golden Mean which seems like the intersection between magic and mathematics.

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning. Thank you, Nick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a really good present!