Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Amber & Corny Stalking

Many years ago, I stalked Laurie Anderson, but not in a creepy psychotic way. More of a nice admiring way. I went to all of her book signings and performances and finally, at one, she asked me what I did and I told her I was a Cinema Studies major and Magazine Administration minor and she remembered that I had been to the last book signing as well. And then I felt like maybe I should admire her more from the shadows.

Tonight, I am going to an event called SPEAK UP! A BENEFIT CONCERT FOR PEACE IN IRAQ & JUSTICE AT HOME with Nick. Guess who is performing? I doubt she'll still remember me. But what if...?


5 comments:

CRD said...

Isn't it? Isn't it just like a woman?

ALH said...

It's hard. It's just hard. It's just kind of hard to say.

Anonymous said...

That hat I bought at one of her concerts with the electrical socket icon on front was one of my faves. Then I left it at a Disney France hotel restaurant -- ran back, it took 40 minutes because of monorails and crap, and someone stole it!

CRD said...

Strange, Jimmi. Once I met this guy, and he looked like might have
been a hat check clerk at an ice rink. Which, in fact, he turned out to be.

ALH said...

Right after Jimmi lost his hat, I got this postcard. It read, it said, "Dear Amigo, Dear Partner, Listen, uh - I just want to say thanks. So...thanks. Thanks for all the presents. Thanks for introducing me to the Chief.
Thanks for putting on the feedbag. Thanks for going all out. Thanks for showing me your Swiss Army knife. Oh and uh,thanks for letting me autograph your cast. Hug and kisses. XXXXOOOO."