Thursday, March 20, 2008

Amber & The Blustery Day

It sure is windy today! Zer windig, as we said in the home country on Avenue B. I nearly blew away when I was walking to the other side of the garden today. I am dressed wholly inappropriately for wind; sweater mini-dresses present a variety of problems in the wind including, but not limited to, cold, modesty, and clingy passing twigs. I am tempting fate every time I go outside.

When I was wee, I had a Talking Viewmaster Viewer. My favorite set for it was a Viewmaster version of the Oscar-winning Winnie The Pooh and the Blustery Day. The story is pretty simple: it's a super windy Windsday in the Hundred Acre Wood, Tigger is zany, Pooh is hungry and Piglet is kind-hearted. And there are Hefalumps and Woozels.

You'd think I'd have learned something from that Viewmaster experience, but then again Pooh also wears a short sweater dress of sorts--and has modesty issues even when it's not windy.

1 comment: