Thursday, March 13, 2008

Amber & Shin Splints

Dude(s). My tibias are killing me. When I first started running back in 1999, I learned that I hyper-pronate which means that I take more stress in my shins than they're built to take. I bought sneakers that were more focused on stabilization and the issue seemed to go away. Then, I moved to Madisonwisconsin and stopped running and exercising and gained weight and became absolutely unfit.D.C. was better for fitness but I never really got into a regular exercise routine. And, no one walks as much (or as fast) as New Yorkers. So, I'm an unfit lump thrust back into a marathon lifestyle and have shin splints to show for it. I haven't been running long distances-- just the walk from the Bedford Park D-train stop to the garden is enough to make every step an 8 on a pain scale. I think there may be some futuristic legwarmers in my wardrobe very soon.


No comments: