Saturday, February 23, 2008

Amber & Apartments I Have Rented

I spent the entire day packing and cleaning my soon-to-be-former D.C. apartment. I'm in pretty good shape. After I do laundry tomorrow night and pack the rest of the clothing, all that will remain is moving the stuff out out of the file cabinets and the last remnants of things that are in current use-- I can't go naked and not eat just to be done packing.

My new NYC apartment is pretty scoopy, I think. However, it's not nearly as big as the apartment I rented on South Hancock Street in Madisonwisconsin. That apartment was unreal in a very Midwestern way. It had a good size bedroom with huge windows and a closet the size of 70 East 7th Street Apartment 5N.

And, it had a really comfy and luxurious living room and incredible kitchen. (Thanks for the couch, Sara and Bob.)

And? It had a surprise back room which, for better and worse, became the cat room. When I rented it, I thought the door lead to a broom closet. Maybe if you consider a Zamboni a broom?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a very nice apartment. I remember visiting here.