Thursday, February 7, 2008

Amber & Transitions

It is official: I have resigned from my current job at Tap Dance Monthly magazine. Word is starting to spread throughout the office and so I am officially blogging it. I came in this morning to find a bunch of appointments on my calendar for various out-transition related meetings. Most of the agendas can be summed up as "What exactly do you do, and what won't get done when you're not here?"

Although my next steps are not ready to be blogged, I feel a little bit like I have put on my leather pants and boots and descended into the Underworld. It will be very hard work over the next week(s): preparing an exit memo, working with my staff on their roles, packing, deciding whether or not it's worth it to move those jeans that still don't quite fit me. But then, at the end, won't I emerge refreshed and spring-like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

If it's in the blog, you know it's for real. This is so exciting! You can do this. Take it one step at a time. I'm so proud of you and your tap dancing abilities.