Thursday, February 21, 2008

Amber & Public Displays of Blogging

One of the challenges of blogging, other than doing it when you're in two 12-hour meetings in a 48-hour period, is remembering that people read your blog. I don't mean you (and you know who you are), but Others. And not The Others.


It's like the cautionary tales about girls who post pictures of themselves puking into toilets on their Facebook pages that are then seen by potential employers who are smart enough to know how to Google. Only, in this case, I want to complain about how dumb my leasing agent is, but who knows if she's reading this blog right now? (Hi, Rosie!)

I'm in limbo. I am waiting for the okay to move my stuff into my new apartment so I can plan my move. I have to be out of my current apartment on the 29th, but my new lease doesn't start until the 1st. In this case, the landlord is saying I can definitely move my stuff (but not myself) in "some day" next week but they're not sure when at this moment. So I make daily phone calls. It reminds me of Madisonwisconsin, where you were homeless overnight as the entire rental market moved out on August 14th, had camp-outs and bonfires, and then moved in to new places on the 15th. I don't want to be homeless, not even for one night. It seems like tempting fate which is so not 2008.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyy. 12 hour meetings be damned. You're back with a super scoopy post.

CRD said...

I am CRD and this post is Awesome.

Anonymous said...

I am confident that everything will work out.

But what about the answer to my scone question?

Anonymous said...


http://www.cartoonbank.com/product_details.asp?sitetype=2&sid=22230


-dcb