Sunday, February 24, 2008

Amber & Other Apartments of History

My last apartment in NYC was uptown, but not as far uptown as my new one. The old one was on LaSalle Street, which is about 123rd Street off of Broadway. It was also HUGE.

It had a generous, although oddly-shaped, kitchen which was a shame because it was so easy to order in from Pisticci.The living room was really nice, perfect for Programs, and had French doors that lead to the bedroom.


It was billed as a two bedroom because, off of the other bedroom, there was an oversized walk-in closet which the real estate agent told me I could "put my baby in." Instead, I used it as a computer room.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the difference between apartments of history and apartments you rented. As crappy as some of the jobs have been, most of your apartments have gotten better as you went along. It's scoopy to have Amber back in NYC!

Anonymous said...

PS Why would Real Estate Lady want you to stick your poo baby in a closet. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

I think 250 Ft. Washington Ave is bigger than the LaSalle Street place, no? Better closets, too, as I recall.

ALH said...

jimmi-- They're different apartments. Each one gets it's own title on the blog. You know, blogging.

kevin-- I'm not sure which is bigger: La Salle or 250 Ft. Washington. La Salle was pretty HUGE. And it had the "baby room" as a closet. They might be pretty close.

Anonymous said...

Oops. It's 350. Let's remember that. Especially for forwarding your mail.

ALH said...

I can remember that it is 350 by remembering that it is not quite a whole circle. Obviously, I hadn't started that yet. Woe.

Anonymous said...

I like the apartment tours! Fun. The three apartments I did not see were your second apt. in madisonwisconsin and your apt. in DC and your very first apt. in NYC.

I'm so impressed with your packing abilities. You are well on your way to here. Oh boy. Good stuff.