Monday, February 25, 2008

Amber & Another Historical Apartment

Previously on this blog... Amy itemized the apartments I have rented which she has never seen, and James commented earlier that my apartments get nicer as time (and I) move along. I here present an anomaly for James and further information for Amy.

My second Madisonwiscon apartment was in a building called the Shorecrest, although there was a cliff, a highway, and a bike path in between it and the lake.

The apartment itself was pretty small, weighing in at 492 square feet. I had moved there to save money since the enormous broom closet on South Hancock was pretty costly.

It had some odd features, like a walk in closet that was in the bathroom (not on the floor plan) and a fuse box right in the middle of the wall above the bed which Diana helped me disguise with pretty paper.
Perhaps the most interesting feature was the Jim Morrison throw that was featured in the photos on the apartment listing. Unfortunately, it did not actually come with the apartment.

5 comments:

CRD said...

When did you live in Wisconsin? I don't remember this "fact."

Anonymous said...

Was I ever in this apartment? Wasn't the benefit that you got to watch people walk by your window on the way to an Italian restaurant?

ALH said...

I lived in Wisconsin from October of 2004 until December of 2006. Incredible, right?

I don't think Jimmy ever visited this apartment. I know CRD did, and Kevin and Diana did, but I think that's it for visiting friends. It was very small and I only lived there for a few months.

My apartment was at the same height as a terrace on the Italian place next door. People would walk by on their way to the outside dining and look in and say things like, "Look, there's a woman there!" Or, "Is that somebody's apartment?" I'm not sure that was a benefit.

Anonymous said...

That place would definitely have been better if you got to keep the Morrison throw.

And how about that skin-flint bastard who sublet the apartment from you?

ALH said...

I am trying to forget the subletter. He was a bastard for sure. Annoying and supposedly a lawyer. Good riddance.