Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Amber & Kitty PJs

Today is a sad day in the world of pants. The kitty pajama bottoms that have been my loyal bedtime companions have gone to the rag bag in the sky. Taya gave them to me many, many years ago at my bowling birthday party. I bundled their receipt. Taya said she was concerned that I might not like my gift, and I said, "As long as it's not something cat-themed!" And lo! Kitty pajama bottoms which turned out to be a wonderful gift.


(photo from yoga on deck at River House by James)

I've loved them. I loved their cottony softness, their ability to mask kitty fur, and the fact that it says meow on the back pocket. But this morning, I went to pull them up and with my brute strength tore the waist band right off the pants. They already had several holes where my restless leg syndrome had worn them thread-bare, so there's no hope of mending.

God bless, kitty pajamas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shanti pussy pjs.