Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Amber & Sondre Lerche


I love Sondre Lerche. I saw his video for "Two Way Monologue" back in the days when I had MTV2 and have been a fan ever since.

Yesterday, as I was listening and knitting on the D into the Bronx, I realized that his lyrics make no sense. His English vocabulary is most impressive, but only seems to result in nonsense. And yet, the songs are beautiful and atmospheric. Maybe in Norway, they make sense?

It reminds me of Duran Duran for whom, after all, American was also a second language.


3 comments:

CRD said...

Speaking of, what did "save a prayer for the morning after" mean? Morning after what? Why 'save' a prayer?

Foreigners.

Anonymous said...

SPV liked (likes?) that Norwegian.

I, on the other hand, like fossa cats.

Did I mention my flight got cancelled today?

CRD said...

Shake a picture with the lizard mixture!