Thursday, May 21, 2009

Amber & Clutter

I made a resolution yesterday. It was formulated as such. "I am going to get my crap together."

By this generally broad phrase, I meant that I was going to take control of the chaos in my house: cat fur, clutter, simple chores too long neglected, that damn decal for the living room wall, and, most importantly, clutter.

Simply put: I have too much stuff.

Did you ever notice that in those pictures of the nicely organized closets and rooms in and Real Simple and Martha Stewart is Great magazines that the people just don't have very much stuff?


That person, for example, has 8 pairs of shoes, plus two boots, and about six dresses. I wonder what she wears on Sundays. And this person seems to buy everything in twos. Or maybe they have their thin size, and then the same item in their post-cheeseburger size?


Also, all of their clothes always stay within a single color palette.

My goals are far more modest. Now where did I put the trash bags?

1 comment:

Alison said...

I should probably make the same resolution. I'm quite certain my apartment beats yours in the "crap n' clutter" area.

No real human being has closets like those, Amber! Do not let them fool you!