Friday, May 8, 2009

Amber & Mom Jewels

Thanks, Mom.

Not just for birthing me or introducing me to Beatrix Potter, Paddington Bear, and Ginny, and not just for feeding me (mostly canned tomatoes) for the first 18 years of my life or helping me write letters to Wonder Woman. But also thanks for giving me this pretty necklace.


It's a little glarey in this photo, but it's got three strands of little aqua-colored buttons attached by little aqua beads. It's my favorite necklace and it really dresses up any number of my plain gray and black outfits. Why, it can even make yoga pants dressy enough for the theatre. I get compliments on it all the time.

It also reminds me a bit of something my hero, Dr. Temperance Brennan, would wear. She always has such nice, big pieces of jewelry. Very anthropological.

Something that is also anthropological and also of psychological and phenomenological interest (maybe if I knew what that mean really) is that sometimes my heroes merge. Like when Bones dressed like Wonder Woman for Halloween.

Double the pleasure. Or like when Jessica Fletcher is in a Noel Coward play. Which brings us back to my necklace and my mom. Eagle bites weasel.

2 comments:

CRD said...

Weasel bites back!

Amy said...

I want to be able to "like" this post, like on FB. My technologies are merging.