Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Amber & The Best Laid Schemes



Robert Burns knows exactly how I feel today. I am scheduled to have Friend Club with Diana tonight and meant to make a crock pot dish for us to eat. Only, caring for Woody takes up far more time and effort than allows for much self-care. Not only did I not do laundry (thank goodness for Andy and Strawberry Shortcake) but I also did not:
  1. Take out the trash
  2. Clean the mess in my kitchen
  3. Lint roller the couch (aka Tiggy's Sheddy Place)
  4. Pick up my pajamas off the floor in the bathroom
  5. Buy, make, or think about food.
Instead, I:
  1. Let Woody out of the resty den when I got home at 7:00
  2. Held up a dish of food so he could eat
  3. Fed him water from a syringe
  4. Cleaned up the resty den (which he had trashed) and changed his litter
  5. Let him lay on a pillow in my lap from 7:30 until detectives knocked on my door at 9:00
  6. Ate dinner with him laying on my lap at 9:15
  7. Put him back in the resty den for sleeps at 10:00
  8. Went to bed.
I sure hope Diana likes ordering in and sitting on a filthy floor.
Sigh. My wee-bit housie, too, in ruin! At least I am not alone; I have plenty of mouses for company.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up with the detectives part of the story?

ALH said...

There was a burgle in my building last Friday, so two NYPD detectives came to find out if I had seen or witnessed anything. As I explained to them, I was at the vet with my cat, who I was holding in my arms as an alabi.

Anonymous said...

A likely story!