Thursday, May 15, 2008

Amber & Flower Essences


You might think that the essence of a flower is prettiness. But it's more complicated and medicinal than that. Last night, Diana brought me two Bach Flower Essences for Woody: Agrimony and Crab Apple. I am a firm believer in the power of the Bach Remedies. I have been giving Woody Rescue Remedy as a general helper in this very stressful time for him. We give that one to him orally; I put four drops on his nose and he licks them off. (He likes brandy.)

Then, I've been mixing up a blend to spray around the resty den and the house more generally. Our blend includes more Rescue Remedy, Chicory (meant to help him be less clingy when I am home), Impatiens (to help him be calm when in the resty den).

The new remedies will help him deal with his stitches. Crab Apple will help prevent his compulsive licking of his boo boo leg, and Agrimony will help him have a calmer mind more generally while recovering from his surgery. For his two new ones, I am rubbing them on his fur.
I've seen these remedies work first-hand when Woody and Tiggworth were at their most fightingest. I sure hope they help the baby feel better now. Thank you, Diana.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The one flower essence counteracts the crab in Woody's apple. And the other is an antidote to both his aggravation and moaning (agrimony).