Monday, August 31, 2009

Amber & Stocking Cap Starts

Today marks the 18th anniversary of the day I met Kevin. It was, perhaps more notably, the day he moved into his NYU dorm room. Due to some previously made friendship, dueling stereo systems, and Kevin's flexibility, he wound up with my friend Jerry as a roommate.

Little did I know, when I saw him in a stocking cap and yellow sweatshirt and knit bootie slippers dancing on his chair to the Pixies that he would become such an important part of my universe and, eventually, my boss.

Nor did I realize at the time that he knew the secret last name of the Virgin Mary which he shared with me in the ice cream parlor in Port Jervis in this photo by James in 2004.


Kevin brings joy to my life. Thank you, Kevin, for eighteen years of friendship.

5 comments:

Kevin said...

Our friendship is old enough to vote.

ALH said...

That's ironic because I would vote for our friendship.

CRD said...

Hee hee. I second that Amendment! 18 years ago yesterday I was probably driving to my job at Burger King in my Dodge Aries. Little did I know!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to your friendship, Amber & Kevin. Do we get cupcakes?

Alison said...

I'm awesome, because I already knew this story.

Happy anniversary! Or something...