Friday, August 21, 2009

Amber & Out of the Frying Pan

I have returned from the Bay Area. All of the kitties are fine: Woody's nose is 99% healed, Tiggy only puked once (and not on my bed!), Ginger is shedding like crazy from a week of not being pet, and Pickles needs to be right next to me everywhere I go. I have some cleaning to do (six days of cat shedding, plus laundry) and some work (no meetings today!).

But, it is really really really hot. Oh man is it hot. I went out to get cat food and an iced beverage and almost sweat myself into a shriveled heap.

I really would move to San Francisco... if it wasn't going to fall off into the ocean in the next 30 years.

3 comments:

Alison said...

You should totally move out here. San Francisco pwns New York so hard and the falling into the ocean thing probably won't happen until well after you have traipsed off this mortal coil.

Besides, all the disaster movies always show NY getting drowndeded by tidal waves and such. 2012, baby!

You probably wouldn't get as much for your money, apartment-wise, but other than that, we rule. You can even make a right turn on a red light!

ALH said...

I am not made for heat. Photographic evidence to follow.

I am too scared of earthquakes. I don't think there is much science behind the whole tidal wave thing. Our continental plate extends way out into the ocean.

But really, I won't move because I love my friends too much. But if they all moved with me....

Alison said...

Earthquakes, schmearthquakes. The ones you can actually feel are quite rare, and even then...usually people just sorta stop and wait, and then go "Hm, ok" and move on. We're so nonchalant.

Yeah yeah, friends. Fine then. No sourdough bread for you!

:)