Thursday, August 13, 2009

Amber & Cat Worry

I worry about the well-being of my animal buddies. From thinking their legs are falling off to bringing Ginger into the vet on a hot day because he was panting, my judgment in the realm of the health of kitties errs on the side of paranoia.

So, imagine my concern today when what had appeared to be a puffy black spot on Woody's nose fell off and left an open sore.


You can see there's still some black scabbing inside the nose and the center of the sore seems sort of white-ish. Is it an infected pimple? A bug bite from the River House? Sasquatch Cell Carcinoma which is, I read on the Internet, very common in middle-aged cats? I think a call to Dr. Schaubhut is needed.

Even more worrisome is the other symptom my boy is presenting: spacial disorientation.

He seems to think he can walk on walls.

And yes, Virginia, those are tiny scraps of paper towel all over the floor. Another roll savagely hunted and shredded by Ginger & Pickles.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Woody is the Michael Owen of felines.

(That joke is only funny to soccer fans.)

Poor baby - I hope the nose wound is nothing worrisome. It does seem like it could have been a bug bite of some sort that scabbed over, and maybe he pulled the scab off before it had healed all the way underneath.

ALH said...

Agreed-- it could be nothing. But, it is better to be sure I think. Especially since I am going away for a week and can't take the baby with me.