Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Amber & Projectile Hypochondria


I worry about Woody. Dr. Pacchiana discussed the risk of him tearing the sutures holding the ligament repair in place during his recovery and stressed we should only see forward progress.

Of course, when he says this, I hear, "Blah blah blah, something horrible could happen."

Well, now I'm afraid it has. I need a second, non-anxiety-ridden eyes to assess the situation, but the boy came out of the resty den on Friday and seemed to be limping a bit more. I tried to do the drawer test on his boo boo knee to see if there was any slippage, but I had no idea what I was doing.

Should I take the boy to the vet? It's hard to live alone. I need a live-in rational person who also does laundry. I just love my boy.
(Photos of W's suture removal by James  more here)

4 comments:

CRD said...

You are like Baron von MunchKatten. Maybe he is fine? You should video chat with KRW in SF, he's good at this stuff.

ALH said...

Sure, he could be fine. The problem is that I worry so much that I can't tell when I am worrying and when there is really something to worry about. I really need a maid who also is there to calm my anxiety. Happy Little Stone does the latter, but unfortunately doesnt unload the dishwasher.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetest,

Of course. This all makes perfect sense. It is very hard to have perspective when it comes to someone you love so much. I wish to hug you now. On a similar note: are you free at all this weekend or are you still working all the time? It would be most excellent to see you.

Kisses.

Anonymous said...

If only pets could talk. Maybe the little man would say that he is tired of being cripple and wants to go back to jumping around, like any normal cat, but his leg is sore. That doesn't mean he won't try to be a rebel but as long as you're around he'll be good. Then again, he may be trying to make you feel guilty because he's annoyed about looking like a furry lightbulb. Hmmm.... I think he'll be ok. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.