Sunday, June 29, 2008

Amber & Root Beer

Back in my youth, I worked at America's Favorite Root Beer Restaurant. I started off as a cashier and learned how to make America's Favorite Root Beer Float. The mugs really were frosty on account of having little mug-chilling refrigerators. I was surprised by the popularity of the "diet float," consisting of diet root beer and frozen yogurt. Couple that with a burger and some curly fries and just watch the inches slough off your waistline.



It was then with great interest that I read this educational article in The New York Times. I remain a fan of Dr. Brown's (not this but this) although I've just learned it's owned by Pepsico which makes it slightly less quaint. Who knew there were so many root beer brands? And who knew what was in root beer or that it was the same thing as sarsparilla? I bet Diana did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...yeah I'm a Dr. Pepper fan. :D Hope you're feeling better.

ALH said...

I'm a Pepper, too. I know it's not true there is prune in it, but I have no idea what there is.

I still have tummy ouchy.

Anonymous said...

I don't even want to know what goes into Dr. Pepper that makes it so yummy. Ignorance is bliss :/