Thursday, June 5, 2008

Amber & Metablogging


Blogging is one of the joys of my life. Really, it's not the blogging I like best; it's making reference to my blog with my friends who compose my audience in its entirety. (Except for those poor folks in Iceland who keep Googling "puff coats" and being disappointed.) Yesterday was a prime example of that joy. My post was a direct reference to CRD's post of the same day, and the whole exercise was made worthwhile when CRD said my post was hysterical later in the day. Mirth.

My Facefriend, Kirk, has a blog which he describes as "a site i never update hanging over my head like a little black rain cloud." The tragic flaw of his blog is not in his over-promising and under-delivery but rather in his audience. You, my dear readers, do not expect daily blogging from me. You know if I fail to post that it was because I had you over for dinner and drank too much wine, or that we went to the outlet malls for the day and shopped until I was too pooped to post, or because my cat [insert medical issue here]. Why tempt fate, I say, by failing to be discriminating in your audience? Only aim for readers with high quality expectations but low quantity requirements.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if it's mirth you're hoping to inspire, let me tell you that the current Tiggy of the Wink has been the cause of much side-splitting laughter in this house these last couple of days.

Such an early post this morning, too! Days off are good for you.

ALH said...

I love that Tiggy of the Wink! She's such cutie.

There is no sleeping in with Woody around to wake you up four minutes before the alarm would have gone off on a weekday. Luckily, I napped from 8 to 11:40. Now I am eating oatmeal leisurely.