Friday, January 4, 2008

Amber & Home Safe and Resolved

I am Home Safe. I had a quiet night cleaning up after kitty mayhem and unpacking and then snuggled down with my kitty winter compresses on either side of me. The trick to making kitties snuggly in the winter is turning down the heat so they have to huddle for warmth.

(Photo by James)

This morning, I began the first Official Day of 2008. My motto for the new year is "Don't tempt fate, in 2008," which is about not relying on luck and being more mindful when taking action and weighing all factors. My resolution is to be perfect from now on.



The first step in accomplishing that goal is to do stuff I mean to do but don't do because of laziness. So, this morning I woke up on time, did yoga with my friend Shiva Rea, and then ate a nice bowl of congee I threw together in the crock pot before bed last night. I came in to work, finished my end-of-moth reports, submitted my budget, and am now working on December accruals. Productive!



Other goals will be more challenging. Like: going to the gym every other day (starting tomorrow morning), remembering to bring lunch to work so I don't end up eating junk (starting Monday), blogging earlier in the day (tomorrow), and drinking more water (I totally have some now).

I have a feeling 2008 is going to be much, much better than 2007.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, buddy! :)