Sunday, January 27, 2008

Amber & Kate

I have had a Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn weekend, having watched both The Philadelphia Story and the freshman Cinema Studies fave Bringing Up Baby. I have always loved Cary Grant, and I especially enjoy his work with Kate. He has very opposite relationships with her in these two films and only wears a lady's bathrobe in one.

My high school, college and sometimes holiday party friend David Semanki was a huge fan of Hepburn and interviewed her on at least one occasion for his work at the Harriet Beecher Stowe House where Kate lived at some point in her life.

David was captivated by Kate's grace and beauty and, I think, her upper class New England persona. I am attracted to her daffy, clumsiness which makes her likable.

Maybe if I wear more wide-legged pants and grow a foot taller, I too can win the hearts of Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart and that other guy when I get to Heaven?

God bless, Katherine Hepburn.

No comments: