Thursday, January 3, 2008

Amber & Trains


I traveled on as many trains as I have fingers on my right hand.

1. The S train to Grand Central.
2. A north-bound Metro-North.
3. A south-bound Metro-North.
4. A downtown N train to 34th Street/ Penn Station.
5. A south-bound Amtrak train.

Trains #3 and #5 were problematic. #3 was the replacement train for an earlier one I just missed (picture me running to the platform as the last car pulls away) and it stopped on 125th Street for fifteen minutes for no apparent reason. This meant I had to stand on the platform for an extra 20 freezing minutes. Train #5 had some weird electrical problem which made the lights strobe from Newark until they fixed it in Philly. The conductor informed us that the strobing lights weren't the most serious side-effect which was apparently supposed to make us feel better.

I got home much later than anticipated which made the kitties extra glad to see me. But I was still more glad to see them. Home Safe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Safe -- from still all the way out here in California!

ALH said...

California is FAR.

CRD said...

What an adventure you had! I am glad I was on the couch while you were on the disco train. I am glad you are home safe but sad that you are no longer here. I am full of contradictions, yet I am not.

ALH said...

CRD you ARE full of contradictions.

Or are you?