Sunday, January 13, 2008

Amber & Kitty Saturdays

Tiggy Winkle knows when it's Saturday. It may be the subtle cue that I sleep past dawn, or that when I wake up I am more relaxed. But, somehow she knows that the morning will be longer and ripe with kitty Activities that she enjoys.

Most of the activities are things we do during the week but just slightly more lingering (One Hundred Strokes, Rug Rubs, Sink Hands, Tub Licks, Couch Hidey Tent, etc.) But our special Saturday activity that Tiggy enjoys most is Hallwalks. Although she's normally quite the scaredy cat, Tiggy will mew at the front door after I have risen for us to go explore the hallway. Since I rise earlier than most of my neighbors, Saturdays are a safe time for her to sniff door steps, scratch at the hall carpet, and run, belly-wagging, at full gallop to apartment 813's door. I'm not sure what the attraction is in 813 but it's a must-see on our tour.

(Photo by James)


I sometimes worry about us running into the neighbor dogs on their way out for their morning walks. Maybe I should invest in some kitty armor to make sure my girla is safe.


No comments: