Monday, January 14, 2008

Amber & James

This month marks the 18th year that James and I have been friends. When we first met, I was wearing rollers in my hair and a flannel nightgown and I asked him to move furniture in my dorm room. Given that start, it's kind of a miracle we are still friends.

James is an incredibly kind, giving person. Even though we have different opinions on programs, ham and whether or not you should keep the toilet paper up on the light in the bathroom so ladies can't reach it, James is the person you want to go out for ramen with when you're going through a hard time and you need comfort. He is honest, artistic, and infinitely interesting.

One of the benefits of knowing him for so long is that you can play I Knew Him Before. I knew James before he was a photographer, and before he had cats,



before he'd ever been to Madisonwiscon, before he anyone called him Professor, and before he had Alisa in his life.


Knowing James just gets better and better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me a little weepy. Especially the part about ham since I have no ham in the house.

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! I find James to be funny and welcoming with an intriguing take on life. Mostly I get to hear from Amber about kind gestures or amusing observations made by James, but I'm always happy to learn of James's many accomplishments, especially of the writing and soda photo variety. It's a pleasure to see James every now and again -- he even hoofed it to Brooklyn with Amber once. Now that was something!

Anonymous said...

James is a good man. And one day soon I will go out to dinner with him -- just as soon as I can get Diana and I to agree on a date.

CRD said...

Hey! I like James too. I just didn't get to make my comment until now. This is a very good post.