Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Amber & Distant Lands

So far, 2008 rocks! And despite being a tough year, 2007 ended pretty well. James, Alisa, Nick and I traveled up to Washington Heights to meet up with Matthew and Shelley for our trip to Palisades Park's King Sauna. This is our second year prepping to ring in the new year by sweating in the Salt Room since The New York Times did an article about the Korean Sauna.

(Photo from The New York Times)

Then, we drove back down to attend Art-o's annual New Year's Eve party in the East Village. Kevin even ventured from his sick bed with Diana for a brief appearance before the new year began!

(Photo by James)

Today, we La Palapa brunched with Matthew and Shelley, where we ate huitaloche crepes and got very, very full. Thanks to Matthew and Shelley for all their driving, hosting and friendliness.

(Photo by Nick)

Then we ventured to Park Slope to visit Amy, David and Hazel! Amy made a delicious dinner for us, including brussel sprouts that didn't taste bitter! It was most excellent to see them and to hear Young Miss Hazel say her two words: "apple" and "hat." They're a terrific family.


Tonight, I'm cat sitting at Kevin & Diana's for the grey boy and black cat while they're in California. I love New York, now, more than ever!

4 comments:

CRD said...

Such reportage! I feel like I was really there, almost as much as with yesterday's post.

Anonymous said...

So nice to see you and Nick yesterday. Thanks again for making the trek. We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Happy new year -- all the way from my California sick bed! Give those cats an extra pat on the head from me.

ALH said...

It was nice for me to see Amy & Co, and I'll be sure to give the gray cat belly kisses and the black one baby hugs.