Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Amber & Cary Grant

I love Cary Grant: his perfect dimpled-chin, the dark and dancing eyes, the absolutely bizarre accent. I adore him as the older, presumptuous, rogue bachelor trying to woo ladies into his bed without wedding them first in That Touch of Mink and Indiscreet. I'm tickled by his wackiness in Bringing Up Baby and Arsenic and Old Lace. But he is at his best amidst the tension and mystery of Hitchcock. Among those, Notorious is my all-time favorite.As my former classmate, Cosimo once described, the film is held together by "the kisses...the kisses...the kisses."

2 comments:

CRD said...

Whenever I have Fear I tell myself to Think Like a Janitor, just like C. Grant told I. Bergman in NOTORIOUS. They never have fear.

I love the prescriptive How To elements of programs.

ALH said...

"Use logic, Mrs. Peel!"

I always model my life on the movies.