Friday, December 14, 2007

Amber & Cocktail Hour

When Kevin & Diana visited last weekend, we took shelter from the cold and full bladders in the Off The Record bar on the lower level of the Hay-Adams Hotel. The ladies room has cloth hand towels and Molton Brown hand soap and moisturizer. The bar has cocktails, wasabi peas, and big comfy chairs that made Diana look like royalty as she sipped her "Autumn Leaves" cocktail. I don't remember what was in it, but it smelled good and Diana seemed to enjoy it.
Kevin had an Oban neat with a water on the side. He also enjoyed a brief moment where it appeared, on the bar TV, that the Lions were beating the Cowboys. This is that joyous instant.
I had a whiskey toddy made with CC and served with a lemon in those nice little lemon cloths. I only drank half because in late 2007, I have Self Control.

We were warm and happy when we left the bar for the S2 bus home.

(Photos by Kevin, except the one of Kevin which is by Diana)

6 comments:

CRD said...

Yay! I remember going there with ALH to use the can back in June 07! I'm so glad cocktails were had in high fashion.

ALH said...

I also remember using your can, where there is also Molton Brown soap.

Anonymous said...

That was a real nice time (even though the Lions lost). I'm glad I can relive it here. Thank you.

ALH said...

Thank you, Kevin, both for capturing the moment (photo credit added, note) and for being part of it. It was real happy time.

Anonymous said...

The Gold Medal at Oban was the highest piping honor one could win. It was considered that an American couldn't win it, until John Cusack won it in the late 80s-early 90s. The distillery sponsors the competition, I believe. I think Glenfiddach does one too.

Anonymous said...

John Cusack?