Saturday, December 1, 2007

Amber & Private Tours

A perk of being a volunteer keeper aide at the Great Ape House is that Curator Lisa will organize private behind-the-scenes tours for you and your friends. You get to meet the animals from the other side of the glass-- at a safe distance and wearing a surgical mask for zootonic disease transfer protection. (I don't have to wear a mask because I have regular TB tests in order to work at the ape house.)When Kevin and Diana came to visit this summer, we saw gorillas and orang utans. This is the young boys, Kojo and Kwame, wrestling for Diana's benefit. She was very impressed by their masculinity.


The orangs got cookie-like treats while we were visiting so there was alot of close interaction.
After the ape house, we went to see lemurs (who were very shy) and then caught a glimpse of the gibbons outside.
Today, Jimmy and Alisa and I are taking a tour. I'm super excited to share my ape friends with them.

(All ape tour photos by Kevin, who was also impressed by Kwame and Kojo's mock fight.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber,
We had scoopy time. I post photos of tour by Xmas.
Jimmi