Monday, December 3, 2007

Amber & Layers

This weekend was my first volunteering at Zoo Lights. I am working the registration area, collecting tickets, handing out programs, and answering visitor questions. I love greeting the public and the zoo is very easy for me to be enthusiastic about. But, all of these activities are done outside, so dressing appropriately to stand around for three-and-a-half hours has been challenging!On Saturday, it was incredibly chilly and I wasn't dressed quite warm enough, but last night I got it right. I wore midweight long johns on top and bottom......a pair of nylon pants with a pair of rain pants over them...
...and on top I wore my very cat furry fleece jacket...
...and then my puff coat (featured here with Amy & David, who I did not wear last night)...

...and my rain coat.To finish off my look, I wore my Madisonwisconsin boots and carried a novelty umbrella. (Tthe importance of an umbrella was suggested by Kevin during a consultation before the event.)
I was completely cozy and fashionable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to be a featured guest. What a nice surprise.