Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Amber & Chronic Sinusitis

It's official: I have my tenth sinus infection of 2007. (Start sending the aluminum and tin.) 2007 has been the year of the perfect storm of health issues for me: stress, allergies, autoimmune woes, a deviated septum and the worst possible environment for someone allergic to mold and mildew. My maxillary sinus on my left (stage right) side of my face is completely filled, despite daily neti potting and use of an intranasal corticosteriod spray.

The current course of treatment is to continue the neti and the spray, but add an antibiotic and get me a referral for an MRI to get a better look at the inflammation and deviation in the passage-way. In the meantime, my face hurts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This picture looks nothing like you.