Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Amber & Bones


My favorite program in current rotation this winter is Bones. I love those science-filled forensic procedural shows, but CSI: Pick A City is a bit too prurient for my TV-viewing tastes in its interest in all the lurid details of the corpses. Bones promised to bring the science and great characters and take place right here at the "Jeffersonian Institution" in Washington, DC. The first season was great. As a forensic anthropologist, Dr. Brennan delt with bones. Although there were gruesome murders, the analysis of the bones was, well, as clean as a bone.

Season Two has gotten more juicy. They added a coroner to the cast who now enables them to deal with more fleshy bodies. And, there are scarier serial murder plot lines! But I love Dr. Temperance Brennan and Agent Seeley Booth. And I love all of the squints: Zack and Hodgins and Angela. Why can't there be more clean science and less gore?

4 comments:

Nick said...

When I was a kid, my sister had a terrible fear of bones. So, following the fear=avoidance equation, she decided to take a class about the human skeleton at the Harvard Museum of All Things Ancient and Dead. She learned a lot about bones for a 7 year old - enough that she might have been a good guest star on Bones, had it appeared in 1978. But she never got over the fear completely, so she would tell us all these amazing facts at the dinner table, but she would pronounce bones like this: "Bee-own-eez."

ALH said...

I try to never watch BONES at the dinner table, but I have learned alot of facts about them from my viewing. I like to say "phalanges" now instead of "fingers."

Anonymous said...

I enjoy this show very much. Must find more time to watch it!

And speaking of enjoyable things: I enjoy this blog very much, too.

ALH said...

Well, Terri Beth, I enjoy YOU very much.