Thursday, December 6, 2007

Amber & Wool Pants

I love wool pants. I broke out my charcoal wooly pants yesterday during the snowstorm and spent the day appreciating both their warmth and their fashionability. I'm not talking about wool dress pants-- I'm talking about warm, wooly pants that look like they're fresh from the sheep. Donegal Tweed is my favorite.
My awareness of wool pants developed back in the early 90's when Kevin bought a pair of German WWII woolen army pants from Sierra Trading Post. They were great. They had fastens around the ankles and pockets and a button-fly. Kevin loved those pants, although I think they ultimately succumbed to a wool moth invasion. They looked something like these below.

Ahhh, good pant times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You unwittingly came up with an amazing synergistic tie-in with Chris's blog. Those pants weren't German; they were from AUSTRALIA! (And, yes, moths eventually ate them. Sad.)