Friday, December 28, 2007

Amber & Pre-Flight Checklists

Tomorrow, I am traveling to New York for a year-end visit. Today, I am finishing up my budget for Finance and then going straight to my last night of Zoo Lights volunteering, and then home to plan for my trip. My remaining tasks include:

- laundry (so I have clean outfits to wear),
- cat sitter prep (a note, a check, leaving food and paper towels out, covering the couch),
- packing (including fitting my liquids into smaller containers and deciding on a versatile coat),
- figuring out how to carry my bag of bulky presents (pillows? are voluminous),
- charging my Nano,
- spending time with kitties,
- cleaning out the fridge, and,
- going to bed early.

That last task is because I am volunteering at the ape house tomorrow before heading out for the train. Tomorrow at this time, I'll be raking gorilla-pooped hay, but Sunday at this time, I'll be getting ready for brunch with my NYC friends. Scoopy!

Bye, bye, Zoo Lights and DC!
Still, I'll miss snuggles with my kitties.
(Photos by James)

2 comments:

CRD said...

When you visit, it is Awesome.

ALH said...

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to use "Awesome" to describe visiting. I thought maybe that was trademarked for Awesome Club.