Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Amber & Muddled

(photo by P. Greenberg for The New York Times)

One of my favorite cocktails is the Whiskey Smash! which CRD discovered in an article in The New York Times. It's sort of like a Gin Fizz, but with mint and burboun instead of gin, or a Mint Julep with soda and lemon.
The recipe came from Bobby Flay and can be found here. For some reason, though, CRD and I always seem to get mint stuck to our faces while drinking.
Anyhow, what made me think of Whiskey Smash! this morning was that I woke up and felt sort of fresh--like wanting to embrace change, but at the same time my thinking was a little muddled and sour. I was thinking of that combination of emotions and realized I have Whiskey Smash! brain today.

1 comment:

CRD said...

This is an Excellent Post, and also the Truth. Smash!