Thursday, June 26, 2008

Amber & Dreaming of Snoopy


When my alarm clock (aka Woody's paw pushing on my mouth) woke me up this morning, I had been having a really nice dream. In it, I was making scones for Diana's birthday party at the M'Finda Kalunga Community Garden, and the apartment smelled like magical cinnamon and hot bread. I was wearing an apron with Snoopy in a chef's hat on it.

Many years back, when I lived on Avenue B and Jimmy and I would have brumch on the weekends every week, there was one particular Sunday when I called Jimmy to confirm our plan and he said, in a sleepy voice, "I woke up dreaming of Snoopy." He couldn't remember the details of the dream, but only that it was very happy and left him with nice feelings.

I, too, woke up dreaming of Snoopy. And Scones.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, all I can say is. Im hungry.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that my name is Kevin and I am a gambling addict.

And, also, that I love Snoopy.

And scones.

Anonymous said...

P.S. There's a new short video about ape language at http://www.slatev.com/

ALH said...

I can't wait to check my Google Analytics tomorrow and see where my traffic came from.

CRD said...

All I can say, Sister, is that I am enjoying my leftover Taco Salad.

ALH said...

Well, Bootlegger, all I can say is that I'm hungry for MY leftover taco salad.

Anonymous said...

You guys may have your inside jokes, but I have now published three -- count 'em, three -- comments on this one post.

ALH said...

Well, all I can say is. internet gambling made three, but I deleted two earlier ones for objectionable content.