Friday, June 6, 2008

Amber & Doctor Who


I love Doctor Who. I started watching it in middle school. It was on our local PBS station at 6 and 11, and some days I would watch the episodes twice. I love the techno-babble, the long striped scarf, the weird aliens, the suspense and the idea of a lone traveler, roaming time and the universe, and making friends with human ladies along the way.

In high school, David Semanki and I volunteered at a traveling exhibit and got to ride in the yellow Pertwee car. And, we went to the very same convention that James went to and sat in the same room watching Shada, the famous lost episode.

Now, James and I have been watching the new series where the Doctor is handsomer, younger, and has better special effects than ever. It's like old times, but with new hair dos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daring to use a last name! Now someday David will find your blog by Googling himself and read all about Woody's knee surgery.

ALH said...

If we're lucky, David will find my blog and then write a poem about the tragedy of Woody's surgery.