1. I got this pretty scarf from my favorite broken body person, Nick.
2. And my hair color changed. (See above. It's darker. One might even call it espresso.)
3. Some incredibly smart and adorable marketing professionals over at everybody's favorite investigative news source, Mother Jones, launched a fundraising campaign featuring a Boat-o-meter to measure the campaign's success with the tagline "Sink the ship of fools."
Seriously genius--the kind of stuff we should be doing over at Mother Goose, Inc. (I pronounce it "boat-oh-meter," but Kevin says "boat-om-etter." Your choice.)
4. The above fundraising campaign, to which you should give generously in order to help pay for, among other things, their Circulation Director's cat food (especially if you are getting a free sub from me) prompted me to remark that I wouldn't really be considered the captain of the Boat-o-meter but more of the navigator. This caused a professional colleague to volunteer to be the ship's barkeep.
Completely amazing likeness, right? Mobile technology is the absolute best. I would say some boat stuff here, but really I confuse sailors with pirates all the time. Arrgh! That ship is yar!
5. This caused me to hum the theme to my favorite Boat Show ever.
Did you see those guest stars? Robert Vaughn and that hot reporter's mom?
6. Lizzie, the best back seat road trip and tent companion ever, started a blog about her new macrobiotic diet.
Today's post is about allergies and diet and acupressure... which brings us back to the whole reason why I had all this saved up stuff to share with you, dear readers.
Damn you, American Elm. Damn you and your seed, but thank you for your beauty and grandeur.